SAQA Northern California/Northern Nevada Region of SAQA
… where you’ll find support, camaraderie, and inspiration. Our region offers a variety of resources that foster personal and professional development. Take your fiber art to the next level through participation in regional exhibitions, local connections, quarterly meetings, and opportunities to share and learn.
SAQA’s Mission and Goals
Studio Art Quilt Associates, Inc. (SAQA) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote the art quilt through education, exhibitions, professional development, documentation, and publications.
Founded in 1989 by an initial group of 50 artists, SAQA now has over 3,400 members: artists, teachers, collectors, gallery owners, museum curators and corporate sponsors. SAQA’s goals include:
- Publish information addressing the professional needs of the working quilt artist.
- Publicize information about the art quilt
- Educate through a series of conferences and lectures.
- Create a network of collectors, dealers and artists.
- Produce quality exhibitions, with documentary catalogues and critical reviews.
- Encourage critical writing, research and publication of articles about art quilts in the art press, popular press and scholarly journals.